At the Maplewoods Centre we work with clients of all ages as individuals, in couple or poly relationships, families, friendships and in groups. We also provide psychological assessments to children, adolescents and their families.
The Maplewoods Centre is unique as it offers services from both the fields of Psychology and systemic relational Family Therapy. Our approaches are collaborative, strengths based, and evidence informed. We help clients to:
- Better understand the effects problems are having on themselves and their relationships;
- Consider alternative ways of managing, coping and dealing with problems;
- Generate possible solutions and implement constructive change;
- Enhance current strengths, skills and personal resources;
- Build communities of support and concern.
We provide support for:
- Interpersonal conflicts and communication
- Depression, low mood or motivation, low self esteem
- Anxiety, stress, OCD, needle fear
- Grief, loss, loneliness and feelings of isolation or being stuck in life
- Parenting challenges and family support
- Child and youth behavioural concerns
- Supporting those living with neuro diversity including ADHD and Autism
- Life transition, change and self-care
- Intimacy and sexuality
- Workplace and school challenges
- Disability, illness or enduring pain
- Blended family, adoption and foster parenting challenges
- Trauma, unexpected crises, and intimate partner violence
- Diverse genders, sexualities and orientations
- Intergenerational families
- Transnational families adapting to a new home
We also provide on-going complementary support to people with an established mental health diagnosis or addiction who are also receiving care from a qualified medical professional.
Please note the Maplewoods Centre is a clinical training centre. All of our clinicians are graduate students learning to practice their respective profession who are closely supervised.
We are NOT a crisis centre and cannot provide support or services outside of our hours of operation. We cannot provide custody and access recommendations, parenting capacity assessments or formalized reports for court. We do not work with parental alienation, families in high conflict divorce proceedings, or clients who are mandated and not supportive of receiving services.
If you have questions about any of the services we offer, contact us.